If The World...

<3 Hello

What If The World Were 100 People? 

  There are approximately 7 billion people on the plant, it seems difficult to compact the entire world's population to only a hundred people, There aren't even that many people in my school, but this was a chance to anonymously see into another person's life and to the world represented on a much smaller scale.
 I've created a survey, If The World... , to get a premise of what the world would look like with so few people. How of the multiple categories there were to choose from I based questions off of electricity, languages, and money/possessions. These topics were specifically chosen because in some way, shape, or form everyone can relate to this and whether they know it or not, it may rank them in the world of their class or lifestyle.
 The process of obtaining participants for the survey was much more difficult than I thought it would be, as I didn't believe I'd be able to attain as much as a hundred people. Although surprisingly I asked those who were above the age of 14 and had family members, friends/classmates as well as the people I work with at the local library I volunteer at. I was aware of the fact that I knew a hundred people yet it difficult to bring my laptop to everyone I'd met, that's when I asked for emails and sent it to others through their phones. This allowed me to have others access my survey easily and eventually reach as close to a hundred people as possible.
Some of the questions I came up with were personal and something everyone could relate to, such as:

  • Have you ever contemplated theft? 
  • Are you able to move around the world without fear of sexual assault? 
  • Has your parent/guardian ever been unemployed (not by choice)? 

  The reaction towards the survey was with content, I wasn't surprised at the results because I knew that they'd be versatile with the amount of people that were surveyed and the age range of fourteen and up, would be interchangeable. The data collection was an interesting process because although it was anonymously, I had the right set of circumstances to see what others have gone through and had a peak of how it was growing up for them.
 This project was very relevant because reducing the world's population to only a 100 people, it gave the purpose of fostering of the different cultures or lifestyles in our world. There are many changing and at times conflicting statistics in our world, the relevance of the general content and impact of how our society would look.

  An idea for a project to construct awareness about our society, specifically human trafficking which takes place all over the world and relates to the If The World... survey of how society is represented. If there was more insight and initiative upon the issue such as in school, whether it's creative activities like making posters and bracelets to post around the school and communities. In order to start this there must be recognition with the school's curriculum, having the students study these issues, reading books upon it.  This creates a similar purpose to Patricia McCormick's Sold because we can have the ability to create awareness for everyone that's experienced human trafficking, this will give an opportunity to prevent the trafficking.


All love, Aya ~

Comments

Popular Posts